Public Affairs Section
The Public Affairs Section, located on the Fourth Floor of the Ak Altyn Hotel, is the first stop for anyone seeking information about U.S. government programs and policy in Turkmenistan. The Public Affairs Section offers a variety of programs and services, including:
- Educational and professional exchange programs - FLEX for high school students, Undergraduate and Graduate programs, Teaching Excellence and Achievement Program (TEA), Junior Faculty Development Program (JFDP), Humphrey Fellowship Program, Fulbright Program, Cochran Program and others.
- Ambassador's Fund for Cultural Preservation Program - To help countries preserve their cultural heritage and to demonstrate U.S. respect for other cultures.
- Information Resource Center - A library of CD-ROMs, online databases and printed materials, designed to provide information on U.S. society, culture and English teaching. The IRC also has nine Internet terminals and three learning stations.
- Speaker/specialist programs on a variety of topics - see our News and Press Releases section.
- Distribution of U.S. political and economic news. Send a request
- Seminars and workshops on topics such as educational methodology, civic education, and Internet access. Send a request
- Program and activities for alumni of all U.S. government-sponsored exchange programs. Please visit our Alumni Page.
- Public Affairs Officer, Brian K. Stimmler
- Cultural Affairs Officer, Courtney E. Doggart
- Information Officer, Gregory J. Porter
- Cultural Affairs Specialist, Maya Meredova
- IRC Assistant, Azat Myradov
- IRC Clerk, Jahan Akiniyazova
- Information Assistant, Serdar Jorayev
- Cultural Affairs Assistant, Meylis Hummedov
- Education Program Assistant, Maysa Niyazova
- Grants Coordinator, Guncha Komekova
- Alumni Coordinator, Gulbahar Abdurasulova
- Information and Media Assistant, Dayanch Hojageldiyev
- Office Manager, Maysa Nepesova
Location: Main Entrance, 4th Floor, Ak Altyn Hotel, Ashgabat, Turkmenistan
Telephone: (993-12) 36 33 31; 36 13 65; 36 46 92
Fax: (993-12) 36 46 93