Edmund S. Muskie Graduate Fellowship Program
The Edmund S. Muskie Graduate Fellowship Program (Muskie) is a program of the Bureau of Educational and Cultural Affairs of the United States Department of State, and administered by IREX. Muskie provides opportunities for Master’s level study in the United States to resident citizens of Armenia, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Georgia, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Moldova, Russia, Tajikistan, Turkmenistan, Ukraine and Uzbekistan. Participants are selected through an open, merit-based competition.
- Enroll in fulltime academic coursework for up to two years.
- Create and implement a project during the first academic year that benefits the local community.
- Facilitate a virtual exchange project to connect a group of students or professionals in your home country to peers or technical experts in the U.S.
- Take part in internships following academic coursework.
The fellowship is fully funded and provides:
- J-1 Visa Support
- Round-trip travel from fellow’s home city in Eurasia to host institution in the United States;
- Monthly stipend;
- Health benefits plan;
- Tuition and mandatory university fees;
- Limited allowance for books;
- Alumni networking and training opportunities.
See application for eligibility requirements and selection criteria.
Eligible Program Fields for citizens of Armenia, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Georgia, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Moldova, Tajikistan, Turkmenistan, and Uzbekistan.
- Business Administration
- Environmental Management
- International Affairs
- Journalism and Mass Communications
- Library and Information Science
- Public Administration
- Public Health
- Public Policy
Paper application deadline: 5:00 PM, November 2, 2011.
On-line application deadline: 9:59 PM, November 2, 2011.
Applications for the Edmund S. Muskie Graduate Fellowship Program can be obtained and submitted by contacting IREX field offices and representatives in Eurasia. More information on the Muskie program can be found at: http://www.irex.org/programs/muskie and http://www.irextm.org
Connect with other applicants and current Muskie fellows online at: http://connect.state.gov/group/muskie
48A Gorogly Street, 3rd floor
Tel: (993 12) 97-10-34 ext.16, 20
Contacts: Nilufar Gylyjova