CHAUFFEUR (OBO) , FSN-1015-03*
ANNOUNCEMENT NUMBER: 07-2015
OPEN TO: All Interested Candidates
POSITION: CHAUFFEUR (OBO) , FSN-1015-03*
OPENING DATE: March 04, 2015
CLOSING DATE: March 18, 2015
WORK HOURS: Full-time : 40 hours/week .
Note: in addition to the basic workweek the incumbent will be required to work an additional 4 hours of overtime (paid at the rate of 200% of the basic hourly rate) each Saturday on a regular basis.
LENGTH OF HIRE: This is a TEMPORARY appointment: three years from the actual start date.
SALARY: Not-Ordinarily Resident: in accordance with FP Scale (Position Grade FP-BB and to be confirmed by Washington). Contingent upon availability of funds. Ordinarily Resident: in accordance with LCP (starting annual salary is: $ 9,162).
ALL ORDINARILY RESIDENT APPLICANTS MUST HAVE THE REQUIRED WORK AND/OR RESIDENCY PERMITS TO BE ELIGIBLE FOR CONSIDERATION.
The U.S. Embassy in Ashgabat is seeking an individual for the position of Chauffeur in the Overseas Buildings Operations Office (OBO).
BASIC FUNCTION OF POSITION
Serves as a Chauffeur in an OBO Office, driving official vehicles to transport OBO staff and official visitors. Performs messenger and delivery work. Work schedule may involve evening, weekends and/or holidays.
A copy of the complete position description listing all duties and responsibilities is available at http://turkmenistan.usembassy.gov/job_opportunities.html or in the Human Resources Office (phone: (+99312) 940045 ext. 2192).
All applicants must address each selection criterion detailed below with specific and comprehensive information supporting each item. Language proficiency will be tested.
- Education: Completion of secondary school is required.
- Prior Work Experience: Minimum of two years as a professional driver.
- Language Proficiency: Level II (limited knowledge) speaking/reading/writing English, level III (good working knowledge) Russian and Turkmen.
- Knowledge: Must be familiar with local traffic laws and area traffic patterns. Must be knowledgeable about location of key Turkmen Government offices, institutions, ministries, etc.
- Skills and Abilities: Ability to operate OBO vehicles in accordance with US Government standards and local traffic laws/regulations. Ability to perform routine preventive maintenance. Must have good word processing, typing skills. Ability to work with Microsoft applications and spreadsheets. Driver’s license category B, C, D (please attach a copy to your application form).
Interested candidates for this position must submit the following for consideration of the application:
- Universal Application for Employment as a Locally Employed Staff or Family Member (DS-174), this form is available on the embassy website: http://turkmenistan.usembassy.gov/job_opportunities.html and at the Embassy’s Guard post; or
- A combination of both; i.e. Sections 1 -24 of the UAE along with a listing of the applicant’s work experience attached as a separate sheet; or
- A current resume or curriculum vitae that provides the same information found on the UAE; plus
- Candidates who claim US Veterans preference must provide a copy of their Form DD-214 with their application. Candidates who claim conditional US Veterans preference must submit documentation confirming eligibility for a conditional preference in hiring with their application.
- Any other documentation (e.g., essays, certificates, awards) that addresses the qualification requirements of the position as listed above.
When equally qualified, US Citizen Eligible Family Members (AEFMs) and U.S. Veterans will be given preference. Therefore, it is essential that the candidate address the required qualifications above in the application.
ADDITIONAL SELECTION CRITERIA
- Management will consider nepotism/conflict of interest, budget, and residency status in determining successful candidacy.
- Current employees serving a probationary period are not eligible to apply.
- Current Ordinarily Resident employees with an Overall Summary Rating of Needs Improvement or Unsatisfactory on their most recent Employee Performance Report are not eligible to apply.
- Currently employed US Citizen EFMs who hold a Family Member Appointment (FMA) are ineligible to apply for advertised positions within the first 90 calendar days of their employment.
- Currently employed NORs hired under a Personal Services Agreement (PSA) are ineligible to apply for advertised positions within the first 90 calendar days of their employment unless currently hired into a position with a When Actually Employed (WAE) work schedule.
SUBMIT APPLICATION TO
Submit the completed application along with any other documentation (essays, copies of awards and related training certificates, recommendation letters, transcripts etc.) by the deadline indicated in the job vacancy announcement to the following address:
Human Resources Office
Address: U.S. Embassy Ashgabat, No. 9 Pushkin Street
E-mail address: AshgabatRecruitment@state.gov
POINT OF CONTACT
Telephone: (+99312) 940045 ext. 2192
FAX: (+99312) 942614
For a complete list of the terms such as USEFM, EFM, MOH, NOR, OR and their definitions, see the definitions list on the web site: http://turkmenistan.usembassy.gov/definition_terms.html
CLOSING DATE FOR THIS POSITION: MARCH 18, 2015
The US Mission in Turkmenistan provides equal opportunity and fair and equitable treatment in employment to all people without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, political affiliation, marital status, or sexual orientation. The Department of State also strives to achieve Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) in all personnel operations through continuing diversity enhancement programs.
The EEO complaint procedure is not available to individuals who believe they have been denied equal opportunity based upon marital status or political affiliation. Individuals with such complaints should avail themselves of the appropriate grievance procedures, remedies for prohibited personnel practices, and/or courts for relief.
PDF files can be viewed with Adobe Acrobat Reader. If you do not have Adobe Reader, you may download the latest version
Job applications and resumes may also be sent to the Human Resources Office e-mail address: