POSITION: VOUCHER EXAMINER, FSN-420-06*
ANNOUNCEMENT NUMBER: 15-2012
OPEN TO: All Interested Candidates
POSITION: VOUCHER EXAMINER, FSN-420-06*
OPENING DATE: April 30, 2012
CLOSING DATE: May 13, 2012
WORK HOURS: FULL-TIME: 40 hours/week
SALARY: Not-Ordinarily Resident: in accordance with FP Scale (Position Grade FP-08 and to be confirmed by Washington). Contingent upon availability of funds. Ordinarily Resident: in accordance with LCP (starting annual salary for the developmental level: $ 9,536; starting annual salary for full performance level: $ 10,490). (*Position Grade - FSN-06 - Full performance level: Candidates may be hired on a developmental level, i.e. one pay grade below the full performance level in order to receive training and to acquire knowledge of U.S. Government specific regulations and operating procedure.)
ALL ORDINARILY RESIDENT APPLICANTS MUST HAVE THE REQUIRED WORK AND/OR RESIDENCY PERMITS TO BE ELIGIBLE FOR CONSIDERATION.
The U.S. Embassy in Ashgabat is seeking an individual for the position of Voucher Examiner in the Financial Management Section.
BASIC FUNCTION OF POSITION
Review/examine/prepare and process vouchers and other claims for payment of goods and services and employee payments.
A copy of the complete position description listing all duties and responsibilities (pdf, 115 kb) is available at http://turkmenistan.usembassy.gov/job_opportunities.html or in the Human Resources Office (phone: 940045 (2192).
- Education: At least two years of post secondary study (college or university) is required.
- Prior Work Experience: Two years of progressively responsible experience in accounting, bookkeeping or voucher examining.
- Language Proficiency: Level III (good working knowledge) English, Russian and Turkmen.
- Knowledge: Familiarity with accounting terminology.
- Skills and Abilities: Ability to read, interpret and apply provisions of leases, contracts, and guidance materials. Ability to deal tactfully and efficiently with customers. Good numerical skills and computer programs (MS Word, Excel etc.).
Interested candidates for this position must submit the following for consideration of the application:
1. Universal Application for Employment as a Locally Employed Staff or Family Member (DS-174), this form is available on the embassy website: http://turkmenistan.usembassy.gov/job_opportunities.html; or
2. A combination of both; i.e. Sections 1 -24 of the UAE along with a listing of the applicant’s work experience attached as a separate sheet; or
3. A current resume or curriculum vitae that provides the same information found on the UAE; plus
4. Candidates who claim US Veterans preference must provide a copy of their Form DD-214 with their application. Candidates who claim conditional US Veterans preference must submit documentation confirming eligibility for a conditional preference in hiring with their application.
5. Any other documentation (e.g., essays, certificates, awards) that addresses the qualification requirements of the position as listed above.
When equally qualified, US Citizen Eligible Family Members (AEFMs) and U.S. Veterans will be given preference. Therefore, it is essential that the candidate address the required qualifications above in the application.
ADDITIONAL SELECTION CRITERIA
1. Management will consider nepotism/conflict of interest, budget, and residency status in determining successful candidacy.
2. Current employees serving a probationary period are not eligible to apply.
3. Current Ordinarily Resident employees with an Overall Summary Rating of Needs Improvement or Unsatisfactory on their most recent Employee Performance Report are not eligible to apply.
4. Currently employed US Citizen EFMs who hold a Family Member Appointment (FMA) are ineligible to apply for advertised positions within the first 90 calendar days of their employment.
5. Currently employed NORs hired under a Personal Services Agreement (PSA) are ineligible to apply for advertised positions within the first 90 calendar days of their employment unless currently hired into a position with a When Actually Employed (WAE) work schedule.
SUBMIT APPLICATION TO
Submit the completed application along with any other documentation (essays, copies of awards and related training certificates, recommendation letters, transcripts etc.) by the deadline indicated in the job vacancy announcement to the following address:
Human Resources Office Address:
U.S. Embassy Ashgabat, No. 9 Pushkin Street
E-mail address: AshgabatRecruitment@state.gov
POINT OF CONTACT
Telephone: 940045 (ext.: 2192)
For a complete list of the terms such as USEFM, EFM, MOH, NOR, OR and their definitions, see the definitions list on the web site: http://turkmenistan.usembassy.gov/definition_terms.html
CLOSING DATE FOR THIS POSITION: MAY 13, 2012
The US Mission in Turkmenistan provides equal opportunity and fair and equitable treatment in employment to all people without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, political affiliation, marital status, or sexual orientation. The Department of State also strives to achieve Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) in all personnel operations through continuing diversity enhancement programs.
The EEO complaint procedure is not available to individuals who believe they have been denied equal opportunity based upon marital status or political affiliation. Individuals with such complaints should avail themselves of the appropriate grievance procedures, remedies for prohibited personnel practices, and/or courts for relief.
PDF files can be viewed with Adobe Acrobat Reader. If you do not have Adobe Reader, you may download the latest version
Job applications and resumes may also be sent to the Human Resources Office e-mail address: